It is quit clear that some people don’t make the best decisions when it comes to choosing a tattoo design. This is why a tattoo shouldn’t be an impulse purchase and you should really give it a lot of thought. Well wouldn’t it be nice if you had your own little tattoo artist or expert to talk to about what are the top tattoo mistakes people make? Well you are in luck! Kat Von D and her crew at LA Ink have compiled a list of the top five tattoo mistakes people make. Hopefully, you can take what they say to heart and not end up having the fault of tattooing yourself.
1. “Be careful not to get anything that is too small or where it doesn’t fit that part of the body well.”
For example getting a small tattoo on a larger part of your body. But don’t go overboard with the size either.
2. “Good tattoos aren’t cheap and cheap tattoos aren’t great.
Too many times, people choose artists based on price. That should be the last priority on your list when it comes to getting a tattoo.”
“Don’t look for bargains!”
This is the best advice out there. You really get what you pay for.
3. “Don’t get too romantic. Sorry Article Search, that tattoo will be out of most recent relationships – like I hate to say.”
“I don’t think a lover’s name is a good thing.”
This is another invaluable tip that everyone should pay attention to. Getting a lover’s name tattoo often jinx your relationship. So be careful.
4. “Try not to be arbitrary or impulsive – you might regret getting Taz to turn the bird over and have a beer later.”
Keep in mind that your tattoo might be cool when you were young but as you get older it might be even more embarrassing.
5. “Biggest mistake … being drunk.”
“Getting drunk leads to another error on the list.”
This is another great tip. You shouldn’t have alcohol in your system when you get a tattoo. This can cause the tattoo to come out badly due to the fact that you will bleed a lot more.
Take these 5 great tips from LA Ink to heart when thinking about getting a tattoo and you shouldn’t regret it later on the road.